gpl install script fails

The gpl install script fails to install virtualmin on my debian 4 vps. The same applies for ubuntu 8.04 iirc.

[code:1]
Setting Webmin theme
Setting Usermin theme
Configuring Postfix
Error: Failed to query Postfix config command to get the current value of parameter virtual_alias_maps: <tt></tt>
Error

Failed to query Postfix config command to get the current value of parameter virtual_alias_maps: <tt></tt>

dpkg: error processing virtualmin-base (–configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
virtualmin-base[/code:1] [file name=virtualmin_install-c599bf5febdaa2f4cdc9ad705873098d.txt size=51822]http://www.virtualmin.com/components/com_fireboard/uploaded/files/virtualmin_install-c599bf5febdaa2f4cdc9ad705873098d.txt[/file]<br><br>Post edited by: forngren, at: 2008/05/10 00:27

Memory is your problem here. Too little of it. (For some reason the postconf command triggers this on vps systems like nobodies business.)

Add some swap to the system and try it again. Virtualmin can run with fewer services on systems with as little as 128M (and full service including mail on 256M), but you need to have some swap in either case.

Okey, the VPS in question got 256mb ram and up to 512mb burst. I monitored the process live with top, and I saw no values above 270-280mb.

How much memory do a full system require? I suppose thatmthe install will peak at higher values.

(dope since edit don’t works because of clean urls and identical topics)

I monitored the whole thing with top again, and saw what saw the amounts of memory consumed by install. Going for manual installation