Glinks 3.04

I bought Links sql 2.0 years and years ago, and they have finally updated it to Glinks 3.04. It’s a links directory, but can be used for so much more, for me it’s a software repository for people to upload their demos, shareware, drivers, etc it’s written by gossamer-threads.com

Anyway, in Suse 10.0 there is that scriptalias for the cgi-bin, but Im wondering what to put in there since it’s a mix of cgi scripts, images etc. Im assuming anything ending in .cgi would go in there, and if it was in a directory, say admin, then I would recreate the directory admin and put just the cgi scripts in the cgi-bin and leave anthing else behind, but it’s also got all kinds of files that it calls, GTLinks.pm etc, would they go into the cgi-bin directory too, or would they be left in the admin directory in the public_html directory?

Whats the downfall of making my public_html directory be able to run cgi scripts and what is the proper way of doing it on suse 10.0 in virtualmin? I did it once before but dont remember how I did it. pure luck I think it was.

Just so people know it’s not shareware or freeware and costs a pretty penny, back when I bought it, it was $450.00 but at the time it was worth every penny.

Hey Adam,

When I need to install something like this (and when our Script Installers install something like this), I create a new dedicated directory in /home/domainname and then add a ScriptAlias for the domain. The documentation they provide for installation would probably also work–Virtualmin uses pretty standard locations for everything, the only possibly tricky bit is the use of SuExec (which enhances security quite a bit).

You could run one of the Script Installers just for experimentation, to see what configuration occurs in the httpd.conf file.