From sendmail->postsfix lost virtualdomains

Hi,
I have created couple of virtual domains using virtualmin. I decided to move from Sendmail to Postfix. It seems I lost my virtual email domains. I keep getting (relay denied). It seems that Postfix is not aware of the virtual domains since they were created within Sendmail.

Any idea how to move the virtual domains to Postfix?

System: FC4
Webmin: 1.280/Virtualmin 2.611

Regards,
DMan

Hey DMan,

The two virtual domains file formats are not identical, but Postfix supports Sendmail style virtual domain files…I’m not at all familiar with setting it up that way, however, so I’m not terribly useful. I did manage to google up a pretty good article about the two formats:

http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=24672&seqNum=3&rl=1

I believe, for the sake of your future sanity, you’ll probably want to go to the trouble of converting the Sendmail virtual domains to the Postfix format…though I don’t know an easy way to do that. The reason I recommend this is that Sendmail, and its virtusers table format, has very large potential for namespace collision that the Postfix format almost completely rules out.

It’s probably pretty easy to perl-wrangle between the two formats…but I don’t have a stack of the Sendmail files handy to look at and test on. If you wanna send me a few of yours via email (or a representative sample of them containing fake names/domains would also work), I can probably whip up a script to do the trick without much trouble.

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the hints. I’ll give it a try.
Cheers.