Format: Spam and Virus Delivery

i want to write to Junk rather than spam (default)
which format do i have to use for this option "Write to mail file under home directory"?

Junk/
.Junk/
Maildir/.Junk/
~/Maildir/.Junk/

?

i mean ~/Maildir/.Junk/ is the full path… that should go to “Write to other file” shouldn’t it?

That’s an excellent question, and one I don’t know the answer for :slight_smile:

If I had to take a semi-educated guess, I’d guessing that Maildir/.Junk/ would be what you want.

If you chose "Write to other file", you could go with the last one there, just specifying the full path.

If you want to know for sure, you could try one of two things:

1. File a request in the request tracker, ask Jamie exactly how it’s supposed to work, and mention that perhaps the documentation for those options could use some further explanation (or actually, even just examples would help).

2. Pick one and try it out :slight_smile: It’ll write the file somewhere, so if it’s the wrong place, you can always just mv it into the proper location.
    -Eric

hey eric… thanks for that…

i’ve used “~/Maildir/.Junk” to see what happens… here’s the result:

procmail: Unable to treat as directory "/home/DOMAIN/homes/USER/~/Maildir/.Junk"

which means "Maildir/.Junk" would be the way to go…

Sorry i am a little late But yes that is the way to go… if you have any other questions drop a line…
John