Firewalld installed but not showing in webmin/virtualmin

Centos 7.9 - webmin 1.84

I have set up firewalld to run with systemctl commands from command line and is working blocking specific IP addresses, but would like to add the grpahical interface/config interface into webmin/virtualmin.

However it is not present in ANY option on the main control panel, not even in unused servers page.

I have searched the web without results as to HOW to add firewalld configurations into the webmin control panel.

This is the control panel for root, not any hosted domain and I have full root access.

I can edit the config file for firewalld quite easilly but would prefer the graphical interface for adding rules as command line entry is quite time consuming!

This is a basic vps webserver.

Thanks for any suggestions

John
UK

@JR1,

FirewallD has a module in Webmin/Virtualmin, even with the dated CentOS 7 it should be available.

Webmin > Networking > FirewallD

Try Refresh Modules from the bottom of the Webmin menu.

Aaaaaggggghhhhhh
Only place I didn’t look was under networking!

Thanks so much for pointing out my rather silly error!

rgds
John
UK

One more question. It lists all the firewalld rules I have created from the command line (rejected IP addresses) but is there any way to add these specific rules without the command line…would make life easier rather then repeat typing say firewall-cmd etc etc for a single IP.

Just wondered!

I’m running Rocky 9 and experiencing the same problem.
I’ve downloaded and installed firewalld, Linux Firewall, and Linux IPv6 Firewall from Index of /download/modules and they show up in the webmin module delete, but none of them are showing up in Networking, which the install says that they’re linked there.
Not showing up in Un-used Modules either. Any thoughts?

Linux Firewall is not Firewalld. And, you don’t need to install standard modules from the module index on a Virtualmin system. You have the whole Webmin package which includes all standard modules, including Linux Firewall (which is not the module for Firewalld) and Firewalld (which is the module for Firewalld).

I am aware that the the Linux Firewall modules are not firewallD, but despite the installation of the modules, none of them show up in the Networking menu. Easy enough to delete the modules, but, issue is that they aren’t showing up where they are supposed to. Curious if there is a quirk with them?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.