FCGID timeout problem

Ok, I just can’t find setting for this so I’m going to ask :slight_smile:

I’m uploading videos to this site and they take quite a while to load. So, I have premature error in error.log and uploads always seem to stop around 490 secs. I have changed website options -> Maximum PHP script run time to unlimited from virtualmin. Changed socket timeout and max_execution_time from website/etc/php5/php.ini (one which is loaded according to phpinfo) I also tried to raise IPCCommTimeout in httpd.conf and raise timeout over there as well, but nothing helps. Also tried to add fcgid timeout values to /etc/httpd/conf.d/fcgid.conf

Where is the setting I should be looking for / which I should add? Tried to google everything possible but I’m completely out of ideas.

Howdy,

Instead of setting it to unlimited – what happens if you set the “Maximum PHP script run time” to a higher number?

And then once you change that, you may want to manually restart Apache, just to make sure the changes are in effect.

If that doesn’t work – what errors do you see in the error logs, in $HOME/logs/error_log?

-Eric

Thanks for the quick answer!

Tried what you suggested, unfortunately it didn’t help.

So error_log:

I’m getting: mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ( filepath and line)

(104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server

Hmm, that may not actually be a timeout problem.

One thing you could try though, as a troubleshooting step – what happens if you go into Server Configuration -> Website Options, and change the PHP Execution Mode to “CGI”?

After doing that, does it work properly?

If not, what error do you see in the error log when using the CGI mode?

-Eric

Switching it to CGI fixed it indeed. Thanks!

Are there any disadvantages using it? Such as site speed.

Well, you tell me :slight_smile:

When you load it, does it appear at all slower now?

FCGID is indeed supposed to be faster; however. how much faster depends on many factors. Quite a few setups/websites are such that FCGID and CGI are very similar in speed, and the different in speed may not be noticeable.

-Eric

Been testing it out with the speed indeed from the very moment I got it fixed and I honestly don’t notice any change (tried naturally with pingdom site speed load as well). So it looks all good.

Thanks Andreycheck! It’s not the first time you have helped me out, superb support :slight_smile: