Failed to start BIND : Starting named: [FAILED]

Hello and let me apologize for posting in the wrong place… I hope I got this one right this time!

The following was my original post:

http://virtualmin.com/node/34351

Thank you andreychek for replying.

I ran the commands and I got:

-bash: /etc/init.d/bind9: No such file or directory [I thought it was installed since I see the module?]

Ran from webmin result: sh: /etc/init.d/bind9: No such file or directory

As for the second one, not message came back after executed.

Thanks again!

Shoot, I gave you the command to restart BIND when using Ubuntu/Debian… it looks like you’re using CentOS.

What output do you receive when running these three commands:

/etc/init.d/named restart netstat -anlp | grep :53 rpm -qa | grep bind

The first command will restart BIND, the second will show what’s on port 53, and the third will show what BIND version you’re running.

-Eric

The restart command did not work and after not been able to post a response because of some error I was getting from the server here, decided to reinstall and it works now. Now I’m wondering how to make a created ftp account read the domain public html, it gives me an access error… Anyways, thanks for the help! :]

Howdy,

You may want to create a “Website access FTP user”, rather than a standard account. Making a website access FTP user uses the public_html folder as the homedir, and can read/write files within there.

-Eric

Hi again,

I tried what you have mentioned and it did not work. After installing the last batch of updates, the Bind got errors to restart and same thing with the ProFTPD… I have disabled the bind since I don’t I know what else to do, is there a way to remove and reinstall the ProFTPD? I mean, I am sure there is a way I just don’t know how :]

Another question, since you have been so kind, does webmin has some sort of APC cache module? and if so, what will be the procedure?

Thank you for your time!