Failed to save owner limits

Operating system: Debian
OS version: 10 Buster

Hello,

I am trying to restrict user to their home directories on SFTP and Webmin File Manager.

For this I went to Virtualmin → Administration Options → Edit Owner Limits → Other Restrictions → Chroot Jail Domain Unix User → Yes (from No) → SAVE

But this is failing with this error :

Failed to save owner limits : Failed to enable chroot jail : Failed to initialize jail : ERROR: cannot lstat() /home/chroot/16038981462622 Traceback (most recent call last): File "/sbin/jk_init", line 247, in main() File "/sbin/jk_init", line 244, in main activateConfig(config, jail, args) File "/sbin/jk_init", line 153, in activateConfig cfg.read([config['file']]) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 305, in read self._read(fp, filename) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 546, in _read raise e ConfigParser.ParsingError: File contains parsing errors: /etc/jailkit/jk_init.ini [line 117]: 'netbasics\n' [line 118]: 'netbasics, uidbasics\n' [line 119]: 'EOT\n'

Can you kindly help me with this issue?

Sorry for my bad English, I am French.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

Please check /etc/jailkit/jk_init.ini file around line 118-119. The section contains duplicate entries. Delete it manually.

This works after commenting on lines 117 to 119.
However the user only sees his Home, but he also sees the root of the server (bin, boot, dev, etc, …)
Is it possible to block all this?

I want check in

Webmin => Un-used modules => Jailkit Jail Manager

and I have this error :

500 -
Can’t use an undefined value as a symbol reference at /usr/share/perl5/Config/IniFiles.pm line 490, line 169.

This problem appears after removing lines 117 to 119 on the previous file.

Thanks for your help

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.