Failed to open SSL cert at /usr/share/webmin/mini

Hi everyone,

I’m here because I think Sourceforge Webmin forum is somewhat inactive and this seems to be the official one. Well, I read the Remove SSL Mode thread and I have the same problem, but he didn’t specify about how did he solve the problem. I get the same error message:

Failed to open SSL cert at /usr/share/webmin/miniserv.pl line 3828.

I got this error after i did everything that was explained on "My browser complains about the Webmin certificate when in SSL mode" section on Webmin FAQ, because I had that problem too.

Well, I wanna know what could I do with this. Maybe start this without SSL or fixing this directly.

Thanks.

Yeah, I tried for a few months last year to check the SourceForge forums every week, but they’re just so slow, I couldn’t take it any more.

The forum links at Webmin.com will soon be pointing to our hosted forums (and Webmin.com will soon be running in the same CMS instance as Virtualmin.com…so all forums for all of our software will be the same forums).

I’m guessing your certificate file isn’t valid.

You can turn off SSL temporarily by editing /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf and finding the ssl= option and setting it to 0, and then restarting Webmin.

/etc/init.d/webmin restart

Then you can try setting up SSL again.