Failed to create alias of domain

OS type and version: CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Webmin version: 1.981
Virtualmin version: 6.17 Pro

Hi All,

I have a problem creating alias domains, probably easiest to describe using a path of my actions.

I create a virtual server called, for example “new-domain.com.”
All appears to complete without error (and other sites created work without issue, including certs.)

If I then try to create an alias of that domain “new-domain-alias.com” the progress on screen appears to continue normally until “Creating SSL certificate and private key …” where it stops and the following is displayed

"

Failed to create virtual server : Failed to open /home/new-domain/domains/new-domain-alias.com/ssl.cert.webmintmp.1395 : No such file or directory

"

I have checked an there is a directory there called “domains” but it is empty.

Since this seems to involve certificates I have tried to create to create the main virtual server without selecting “Setup Apache SSL website” but the result is the same.

I have read in the forums that this could be due to exceeding the quota but this was on a new VH with 1gig quota. Also some have mentioned lack of memory but the server has over 10 gig free.

I saw a post that said this was a known issue but was resolved 18 months or so ago.

So, obviously I am doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas please.

Thanks for reading this,
Tim

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.