Failed installation

Eric if this problems are still occurring you should drop Centos 7 from garde A supported systems. There are a lot of people who maybe want to switch from Centos 6.6 (or older) to 7 and if they do on live/production sites it could end in disaster. I know, always use test server, then again how many have opportunity or money for a test server.
Virtualmin/Webmin is great control panel but you should take maybe more cautious approach in things like this. For example i lost hours trying to find where is the problem not knowing you guys changed “few things” and didnt mention in change log. What could lead me to think what next update will bring me and even if i check change log is that all or there are some “hidden” changes i’m not aware of them.

fresh install today CentOS 7… Same issue as above. Libc-IMAP. Still not working.

Howdy,

Sorry that you’re having a problem with that! Could you paste in the full error that you’re seeing there?

-Eric

Actually, Joe just figured out what the problem there is – he’s working on correcting that now.

-Eric

Hey all, new to Virtualmin, but going to try install.sh right now. I’ve been testing it out for a couple days and had to do the same epel to get it to work. I’ll update if it works (unknown if the fix has been updated yet.)

UPDATE:

As of right now, it’s not fixed.

Likewise, having the same issue, fresh install and download of install.sh.

Here’s the error:

-Error: Package: php-imap-5.4.16-3.el7.x86_64 (virtualmin) Requires: libc-client.so.2007()(64bit)

If you have installation error on Centos (6 or 7) just download epel and you should be fine. If for some reason one day Virtualmin go ballistic because of epel then i will probably remove Virtualmin completely from my server. What i saw in more than a month playing with Virtualmin and Centos 7 i would strongly suggest to not use this combination on any production server (for now) because you are just asking for problems. On one side Virtualmin have problems with Centos 7 but in the same time Centos 7 have problems with himself. For now stay with Centos 6, you have time until 2020 for end-of-life. Plus Virtualmin with Centos 7 is using a lot more memory than 6.6 (both OS 64bit). Not so big deal if you have VPS with 3-4+GB Ram (no burst) but for VPS with 2GB or less one more reason to stay with Centos 6.

Okay, Joe tells me this should be fixed now – let us know if you see any more issues with installing CentOS 7.

-Eric

Did a check with a VM and worked without a hitch. Thanks.