fail to re-check and refresh configuration

This is the error message:

Mail server Sendmail is installed and configured.

Apache is installed.

Webalizer is installed.

MySQL is installed and running.

Logrotate is installed.

No Ethernet interface could be automatically found on your system. Use the module configuration page to set the interface manually.

… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.

anyone can help me?

If this is a fresh installation of a supported operating system, I would strongly suggest you use our automated install script. Installing Virtualmin manually is a challenge even for folks with a lot of Linux experience.

This particular error simply means that Virtualmin was not able to detect the default network interface on your system. This could be because it is a virtualized system and the interfaces have odd names, it is a FreeBSD system (the install script can detect most FreeBSD interface types and configure them appropriately, but you haven’t run that script, you’ll have to set it yourself), or it is a Solaris system (same story as FreeBSD).

In all cases, you need to do exactly what the error says to do: Use the module configuration page to set the interface manually.

Click on "Module Config" in the System Settings menu. Fill in the name of the default network interface in the field labeled "Network interface for virtual addresses". Save it. Re-check the configuration.

But, since you’re doing a manual installation, you’re going to have to do a lot of other stuff.

thanks for your reply, finally virtualmin can run together with my webmin. btw, how to use the automated install script? any different on this?

is webmin no compatible with virtualmin?
webmin default directive is /var/www/html
virtual default directive is /home ?
i can create my domain in webmin by BIND DNS Server,
but when create in virtualmin, it is fail?

The auto-install script is a nifty installation tool that Joe put together which installs the various Virtualmin related packages and configures them all.

If you’re using the GPL version of Virtualmin, you can obtain the installer from here:

http://webmin.com/vinstall.html

The recommended way of installing Virtualmin is from a fresh install – and at that point, it will handle setting up Webmin for you with the correct defaults (pointing to /home rather than /var/www/html). But, Webmin is still very much a part of the setup.

You can of course manually configure that yourself, but that’s the advantage of the installation program, it does all the work for you :slight_smile:
-Eric