Everything is configured but nameservers cannot be found!

Hello,

I’ve got a physical server with a couple of virtual machines (1 public IP, static ip for each VM and a bridge connection from our host machine[br0]), all running Ubuntu server. I’ve installed the webmin, BIND and virtual min, I’ve configured everything with our nameservers(already registered with GoDaddy), DNS zone, DNS records for 1 domain (website), etc. Now, when validating, via virtualmin, our Virtual Server apparently there are no existing issues. Alson, a recheck with the BIND Config. we get the message “No errors were found in the BIND configuration file /etc/bind/named.conf of referenced zone files.”

When pinging @ pingdom.com, we get the error "Failed to find name servers of mydomainname.com/IN. “No name servers found at child.”

“No name servers could be found at the child. This usually means that the child is not configured to answer queries about the zone.”

So, what the hell?!?!?! I’m stuck, please help. This has been happening for a week now!!

Thanks

Howdy,

You may want to start at intodns.com… if you run a DNS report there for your domain, does it discover any problems?

Also, could anything be blocking port 53 UDP for your server?

-Eric

I went to intodns.com and I’m sharing a screenshot with you. Please, let me know what I can do to not get these errors? Those DNS addresses are from my ISP.

Howdy,

It’s saying that your nameservers aren’t responding.

That could happen if the port was being blocked.

Is port 53 UDP available, and not being blocked by a firewall?

-Eric

This is what I’ve gotten when I’ve done what you said… Progress… Ohhh, yiiis…

Howdy,

That’s looking pretty good now!

Are you able to access your websites as you’d expect, and perform DNS lookups?

The only errors I’m seeing that are concerning are related to what’s likely a DNS cache issue, since I’m able to perform a DNS lookup on your domain name on my own system.

-Eric

Ok, so the only thing missing is really configuring the nameservers. I’ve read that these should be on separate machines or locations. Unfortunately, I only have one server machine. How would I be able to overcome this obstacle? Or if there’s no problem, just let me know. Do I have to change any settings? Loike I’ve said previously, I DO have a static public IP address. So, just let me know if this is ok.

Thanks