Error with sites and redirects

Hello,

I installed virtualmin over a Debian 10 new VPS. I created a backup of all files from another virtualmin server and install the backup here. All worked fine.

However now website redirects does not work. If I create a website redirect I don´t have any problem but when I go to the domain I have 403 error, not redirecting

Also if I upload a file, test.htm for example, and go to domain.com/test.htm I have error 404, file not found.

error_log and access_log are empty.

I delete a site and re-create it and still same error.

The sites with own DNS records (for example CNAME or MX…) works fine but the sites with redirects or files does not work…

Any ideas?

Thank you

Did you place the files inside the public_html folder or however your file folder for the virtual servers are called?

Hello,

First of all thank you for trying to help me.Yes, I put the files in the public_html folder. I did that after check that redirect does not work. And the files didn´t worked also…

Either something is wrong with the vhost settings for that page or its a permission issue.
Take a look at the vhost file and see if the files folder is correctly set.
After that you should check the permissions.

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply. It is not a problem of one domain. The problem exist with all the domins I configured a redirect…

drwxr-x— 2 xxx xxx 4096 abr 28 09:29 cgi-bin
drwxr-xr-x 3 xxx xxx 4096 abr 28 09:29 etc
drwxr-xr-x 2 xxx xxx 4096 abr 28 09:29 fcgi-bin
drwxr-xr-x 2 xxx xxx 4096 abr 28 09:29 homes
drwxr-x— 2 xxx xxx 4096 abr 28 09:29 logs
drwx------ 8 xxx xxx 4096 abr 28 09:29 Maildir
drwxr-x— 2 xxx xxx 4096 abr 28 09:36 public_html
drwxr-x— 2 xxx xxx 4096 abr 28 09:29 tmp
drwx------ 2 xxx xxx 4096 abr 28 09:29 virtualmin-backup

Hi, the problem was fixed. I restarted apache, it failed and I fixed the errors regarding a module that isn´t present in the destination server and present in the backup server.

Thanks everybody

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.