Error while I'm installing script [PRO]

I got this error while I’m trying to install scripts (any version of phpmyadmin, dadabik and more) on one particular domain (created by my reseller):

Now installing phpMyAdmin version 2.11.6 …

Failed to extract source : Uncompression failed :

… failed! See the error message above for the reason why.

Instead, all is fine if I install script on other domain on the same Virtualmin/machine.

Maybe it’s a mis-configuration by that domain/virtual server but I cannot find it…

Any advice ?

Do you have unzip installed on your system? I think we’ve found that at least one OS (maybe Ubuntu?) doesn’t install unzip by default…and it is required for a large number of scripts. I need to add this to our deps list on whatever OS doesn’t have it.

Install unzip, and try again.

apt-get install unzip

Or, on Red Hat based systems:

yum install unzip

debian does not install bzip2, zip, or unzip by default.

no, guys, scripts installation working fine in all the virtual servers except one (on the same machine…) !! so it’s not a gzip problem… that’s the trouble!

Does the user have enough space in his quotas for the script to uncompress?

yes, it was the first thing I thinked but now limits are ok (first time was only 10MB, then I raise up to 100 MB and now is ulimited) but still the same problem !

L.

Paste the output of ‘df -ah’ here

Filesystem Dimens. Usati Disp. Uso% Montato su
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01
218G 2,9G 204G 2% /
proc 0 0 0 - /proc
sysfs 0 0 0 - /sys
devpts 0 0 0 - /dev/pts
/dev/md0 99M 18M 77M 19% /boot
tmpfs 2,0G 0 2,0G 0% /dev/shm
none 0 0 0 - /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc

however, my situation:

domain-1.com - install scripts doens’t work
domain-2.com - install scripts works

Maybe permissions? Have you installed things as "root" into this users public_html or cgi-bin that might be conflicting?

I dunno, I’m running out of ideas, as it doesn’t make a lot of sense that it would work for one and not another! :wink:

BTW-I can take a look at it, if you need to get it straightened out quickly, and you’d like to email over the server details--joe@virtualmin.com