Enabling Custom Script Installer - Modified Joomla Install

I took the joomla.pl file in the /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/scripts, and copied and modified it to (hopefully) pull down and install a customized Joomla installer, which includes some sample data, images, etc.

That script is in the same dir, 755 owned by root, etc. just like the rest…

The doc at
http://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/developer/scripts#script_installer_files_and_directories helped, but I can’t figure actually getting the thing onto “the list” so that I can install it.

I did Add Installer, selected the local file, pointed it to the new .pl file, and got a success message. But, when I go to install, my “new” installer is not in the list.

Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks,
K

Howdy,

Just to verify – you’ve assigned your Script Installer with a unique name/id, correct? For example, if it’s still called “joomla”, Virtualmin may get it confused with your existing Joomla script.

Also, after you’ve added it, does it show up in /etc/webmin/virtual-server/scripts?

-Eric

Yeah, I used the Virtualmin Java File Manager and the Editor therein to search and replace all the joomla to a new string, and-

Yeah, since I just did a cp of the original joomla.pl, and started hacking at it, it’s definitely in the same directory, and when I ls, it looks just like the other ones.

It’s like I have to find a “rescan” button to tell the Script Installer system to re-read the directory or something.

Thanks,
K

Hrm… while I wouldn’t imagine this should be necessary, just for fun – what happens if you restart Webmin?

You can do that with: /etc/init.d/webmin restart

-ERic

Sorry, Eric, after restarting Webmin, the new app doesn’t show up in either the Disable or the Install lists.

Which is actually what I want. I will check this out soon.

Thanks!
Ken