"Empty emails" after migration from cPanel

You would have to check that Dovecot domain service certificate is enabled and/or copy domain’s certificate to be used by default by Dovecot:

not really… everything was smooth[quote=“toreskev, post:20, topic:108206, full:true”]
Any errors appearing during installation?
[/quote]

Not really. Everything was smooth! I did had some problems signing my domain with Let’sEncrypt, but other than that zero issues…

Thanks! <3 I was just saying that I had problems with LetsEncrypt,Also, Dovecot had missing 2 files
‘etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem’ and ‘etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem’.

I also update my dovecot and pigeonhole from 2.3.8 to 2.3.11. Now my email clients actually can connect but there is not even a chance with those empty emails, Some of them come without a problem but a lot of emails still are “empty” . It must be something on the cpanel backup process, because virtualmin migration tool works like a charm!

I’m inclined to think the same. I had a brief encounter with cpanel a few years back myself (due to work) but quickly went back to Virtualmin. The migration was flawless for 8 domains under 4 different users, 9000 emails from servers being migrated, moved and upgraded for years since the first one. Was really quite impressed at just how smooth it actually was!
Anyways, hope you manage to sort it out. Worst case, just move the emails manually?

Yeah… I did move some clients account in the past and everything went great, this is the first time I’m having issues, it must be something new they added to cpanel, I think it’s their version of dovecot, looks like a custom version tbh.

I have to move several domains and I just looked at one of them, and the one I look has 98 emails accounts. So I have to created manually those accounts first and the make the move. It’s so much work for what the client is willing to pay haha Not to mention that I already move manually on small test account and the emails didn’t appear. So, sadly if i can figure this out by the end of this week, i have to move them to a shared account on a hosting provider like Namecheap or something haha

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.