emails not being delievered to user mailboxes

Hi, every email that I and several others have tried sending have been rejected by post fix, here are the details of the error from the undeliverable message automatically sent by postfix

Reporting-MTA: dns; srv1.atiptopcomputer.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 31781442341
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; my user@gmail.com
Arrival-Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:42:04 -0600 (MDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; my user@gordon (gordon is the name of the server)
Original-Recipient: rfc822;my user@atiptopcomputer.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; mail for gordon loops back to myself

any ideas as to how I fix this, right now I am using godaddy for the dns as I only have 1 static Ip address

I have discovered something interesting, if I send from regular gmail, using googles gmail client the email comes through just fine, however if I send from outlook 2007 via dovecot it gets rejected with the above error everytime, any idea as to how we can fix this?

scratch, that, email sent via gmail jut bounced, the one I thought I got was outllook getting my sent one from gmail itself to my gmail account, but not to my email server, so origional issue still remains

could this be part of the problem, I got this error when stopping bind

root@gordon:~# invoke-rc.d bind9 stop
Stopping domain name service…: bind9rndc: connect failed: 127.0.0.1#953: conne
ction refused

I have even stopped spamassasin to see if it was rejecting all emails, but still got rejected

Howdy,

If you go into Virtualmin, and click System Settings -> Re-check Config, does everything show up as being okay?

Also, take a look at the report here:

http://www.intodns.com/atiptopcomputer.com

I’m not sure whether that would cause the issue, but it wouldn’t hurt to correct the issues it sees :slight_smile:

-Eric