Email showing as kthx.snapchatdb@snapchatdb.net instead of kthx@snapchatdb.net

From /var/log/mail.logJan 24 05:43:19 ns1 postfix/error[14737]: 9F0DB1DA3A6: to=kthx.snapchatdb@snapchatdb.net, relay=none, delay=0.13, delays=0.03/0/0/0.1, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (User unknown in virtual alias table)

I have a server with 2 domains on it. So the username is usually “user.domain” which routes to user@domain.com

Mine however is routing the email kthx@snapchatdb.net to kthx.snapchatdb@snapchatdb.net causing the email to bounce because the mailbox doesn’t exist.

Anyone have an idea what to do to make it map properly for both domains?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Howdy,

Is it just that one user that’s having problems? Or are you having problems delivering email to most/all email accounts on your server?

-Eric

The only account that works is the main user account of the virtualserver…

So in my case, for snapchatdb.net and kikdb.net it would be either snapchatdb or kikdb - these two work sending and receiving…

It’s the “virtual” users within each domain (basically every other email address I try setting up) that do not work.

Can you post the full log excerpt when you make a delivery attempt? There should be lines in there that show what rewriting Postfix is doing.

Also please post the output of the following command (in [code][/code] tags): cat /etc/postfix/virtual

kthxbai2u, it looks like you’re trying to post about 6 hours of logs, and that’s causing your post to get flagged as spam.

Plus, we won’t know where to look :slight_smile:

Instead of posting that amount of logs – can you just post the logs from the time the problem is occurring?

That is, take note of what’s at the end of your logs now, try sending an email, and then show us whatever shows up in the logs at that point.

Thanks!

-Eric