Email Settings - Send outgoing email for domain from IP

Hello Everybody,

Regarding Virtualmin, I have a problem with an missing menu option in Virtualmin -> Server Configuration.

I have followed the instruction from documentation:
http://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/email/dependent
and everything it’s fine, I can for example use this feature like that:
https://www.example.com:10000/virtual-server/edit_mail.cgi?dom=12958739339765
or by using the API command ‘modify-mail’, with the --outgoing-ip flag.

BUT, in Virtualmin I don’t have an “Email Settings” option in Server Configuration. Should I enabled it somehow from another place? Or what can I do to make it appear in menu?

My server information:

CentOS release 5.10 (Final)

postfix-2.7.8-1.rhel5
wbm-virtual-server-4.04.gpl-1
wbt-virtual-server-theme-8.8-1
webmin-1.670-1

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Catalin.

Howdy,

Can you paste in the output you receive when going into System Settings -> Re-Check Config?

-Eric

Checking Configuration

The status of your system is being checked to ensure that all enabled features are available, that the mail server is properly configured, and that quotas are active …

Your system has 7.86 GB of memory, which is at or above the Virtualmin recommended minimum of 256 MB.

BIND DNS server is installed, and the system is configured to use it.

Mail server Postfix is installed and configured.

Postfix is configured to support per-domain outgoing IP addresses.

Apache is installed.

The following PHP versions are available : 5.3.3 (/usr/bin/php-cgi)

Webalizer is installed.

MySQL is installed and running.

Logrotate is installed.

Plugin AWstats reporting is installed OK.

Using network interface eth0 for virtual IPs.

IPv6 addresses are available, using interface eth0.

Default IPv4 address for virtual servers is 1.2.3.4.

Virtualmin could not work out the default IPv6 address for virtual servers on your system. You will need to update either the Network interface for virtual addresses or Default virtual server IP address fields on the module configuration page.

Default IP address is set to 1.2.3.4, which matches the detected external address.

Both user and group quotas are enabled for home and email directories.

All commands needed to create and restore backups are installed.

The selected package management and update systems are installed OK.

… your system is ready for use by Virtualmin.

Howdy,

Okay, good, it does appear the Virtualmin sees the options to enable Sender Depent Outgoing Email in Postfix.

Does the domain you’re attempting to enable that for have a private IP address setup for it?

Reviewing the docs on that, it’s possible that option will only be available if the domain “owns” the IP address that it will be using to send email.

-Eric

Hello again,

Yes, the option is enabled, I can do what I want from shell like that:
/usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/modify-mail.pl --domain example.com --outgoing-ip
and it’s working.

I have only one network interface, it has a public IP address. On this interface I have created an alias which has another public IP address. All my domains are using the “first” IP address (shared), but the domain which am I playing with has the second IP address.
At Server Configuration -> Change IP address it is checked “Keep private address” option. I don’t know what it means by ‘private’, it’s a public one :slight_smile: What do you mean by “owns”?

Thank for your time.

I saw an option for that domain which I am playing with, at “Change IP address”: ‘Convert to shared IP address’, or something like that. I used it, and now the private ip address has changed into “non-default shared address”, but I cannot see any changes in menu.