Email is not making it to user boxes...

I am not quite sure what is going on here. Mail was working fine until Friday. I ran the updates from last week on Friday and I was also working on getting SMTP working for a client. Now nothing is working. If you send an email to a user (from outside of server) the message doesn’t bounce…however…it never makes it to the user. I have a really frustrated client (given I didn’t the problem existed until a short while ago).

I have checked error logs and here is what I get:

evs1 postfix/smtpd[22511]: fatal: parameter “smtpd_recipient_restrictions”: specify at least one working instance of: check_relay_domains, reject_unauth_destination, reject, defer or defer_if_permit
Aug 4 14:45:09 evs1 postfix/master[4639]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 22511 exit status 1
Aug 4 14:45:09 evs1 postfix/master[4639]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup – throttl

over and over…

Any ideas?

Aha, thanks for the error, that helps.

What do you get if you type:

grep smtpd_recipient_restrictions /etc/postfix/main.cf

A typical default setup (without greylisting) might look like this:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated reject_unauth_destination

grep smtpd_recipient_restrictions /etc/postfix/main.cf

returns:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated

I just cant figure out where the emails are…lol They don’ even show up in the mailbox when I check via webmin control panel. The last emails that show up are the ones received before 2:30 last Friday. They weren’t denied or bounced.

IMAP/POP3 logins are working–as far as I can tell. I can login to check for mail via Thunderbird…and I can see in the logs where my client is logging…but that is it. No messages are being delivered to client.

Anyone?

:smiley:

like the log says, you need to have at least one reject rule.

add this to your config…reject_unauth_destination, see eric’s post (andreychek)

I thought I had added the comment in the config file…for some reason it did not save when I clicked to save…no idea what happened.

Problem solved…

Thanks y’all!!