Email Assistance

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Server 20.04.6
Webmin version 2.021
Virtualmin version 7.7
Related packages Ubuntu Apt

So what I would like to do is send email via my Gmail / Google Apps, I have 3 Domains I would like to send and receive email for but I am on a residential connection. There for I need a work around. (These are not profit making websites). Are there any tutorials that are detailed enough for me to follow to get it working.

Thanks,
Michael

I’m not sure you can just send random domains through a standard Gmail account. You might need to start checking Gmail documentation on using domain based email and get that sorted first.

Thank you for responding, I appreciate it.

Michael Cooper

Certified Linux Professional

Kubernetes/Docker

RPi Hobby Blog

1 Like

If you would like a free low volume smarthost for hobby domains on your Virtualmin server, I would be happy to set it up for you on my server.

I had a quick look at your website. You have experience with Raspberry PI, OpenWRT and Proxmox. Perhaps we could discuss these once we get to know each other better.

Hello Niel,

Thank you for the offer, It would be nice to have the help. I definitely want to be able to have my own email system for the domains. Also, I am wanting to run Proxmox Mail Gateway as well. It would be fun to work on this type of thing together.

Yes I do have the site running but I still have to add all my content. I had a crash a few months back and I am just now getting to where I can add my content back.

I have a whole bunch of content KVM over IP with PiKVM, OpenWRT on a Pi as a router for your network. I also have an article explaining how to install pfSense in a VM as your router instead of a physical router. So yeah I love the small computing stuff.

Thank for your time,

Hello,

Here is the article, I surprised you didn’t find it sorry: Build a Router with A Pi 4

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.