email adress and username format

hi (again) :slight_smile:

as you probably know when you create an email account, the login name is in the form: user.domain
now i have installed roundcube webmail and to login i use the same format, however, the email address that roundcube picks up is wrong, its in the form: user.domain@domain.com. I was searching the forums and in one of the posts Joe posted a link: http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Config#ConfiguringforVirtualUsers

That seemed to have solved problem for someone else, but i’m not sure what to do with the step#2 under ‘Configuration for Virtual Users’

any help will be appreciated

Thanx

First, you can always set the email address within the RoundCube settings once you log in as the user.

However, Virtualmin doesn’t put users into SQL databases, so you wouldn’t need to do step #2.

Also, step #1 mentions “/etc/mail/virtuser”, which wouldn’t exist – you’d probably need to point it at /etc/postfix/virtual.
-Eric

First, you can always set the email address within the RoundCube settings once you log in as the user.

Yes, but i’m trying to avoid that, but if it cant be avoided then it cant be avoided :slight_smile: