Edit Database User's Password Error

Hey,

When I try to change the database user password from Virtualmin> [Server’s name] > Edit Databases > Passwords (tab)

I select Custom Password and tries fill the form.

It seems to work at first but as soon as I reboot my VPS, the database user password changes back to the old password. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

hi @ikonyk and welcome to virtualmin forums. Well I did not had that issue since debian 6, that was my first and last time of install virtualmin onto machine, since then I just upgraded distro all a long and nothing like this… I do from time to time test virtualmin on latest release of debian in virt-manager and even with 10th release I did not seen this… what distro you are running on if I might ask?

Hi @unborn,

I’m on debian 9.

Thank you very much for your time!

Sincerely

Hi @unborn,

I’m on Debian 9, can you let me know if it does the same thing if you test it on your side please?

Thanks,
Sincerely

@ikonyk
hi, just checked out… I do not seen this problem on my debian 9 install (non free) also just a question worth a mentioning… root for sql - do you remember to set up custom passwd or you used one generated? or perhaps are you login into your virtualmin as root at all? I log in everytime as root and - I cannot reproduce the issues you have, on my end it just work - Im sorry for that eh

Yes I did it as root aswell

hi @ikonyk , well I mean root as root for mysql not root as root… I know you thinking as root same as me for whole system - that is how I do setup my systems however past years I could seen people to setup root for system and root for sql which is good… just check it again if you can and if you are sure - well… paste some outputs here… thanks.

Hi @unborn,

I did an update and retried, but still the same happens.

I log as Root and try to change the DB password of one of my website through Virtualmin> [Server’s name] > Edit Databases > Passwords (tab).

I change the password, and everything works as shown on the following screenshot.

But as soon as I reboot my server, the little key logo near the Custom password disapears and the password is reverted to the old one.

I was wondering if you have any clue why?

Thanks,