Each site for each port on tcp/ip

SYSTEM INFORMATION
**OS type and version: Ubuntu 20.04
**Webmin version: 1.981
**Virtualmin version: 6.17.3
**Related products version: Versione Usermin 1.823

Hi, I wanted to propose a question. I wanted to know if I can fix every domain, every existing website that responds on a different port. So I would like site 1 to respond to port 801 tcp / ip
http: //xx.xx.xx.xx: 801
how the second domain / site responds on port 802 then:
http: //xx.xx.xx.xx: 802
If it can be done, tell me how it is possible to configure webmin for this?
thanks a lot

Are you looking for a way to do this manually for each website that’s hosted on your Virtualmin server? That is, do you want to manually assign a unique port number to each website?

Are you aware that the preview website menu option lets you access all websites hosted on a Virtualmin system, each via its own non-vanity URL?

Not easily, no. Virtualmin is about managing name-based virtual hosts. This is pretty far outside of its intended use case. What are you trying to accomplish with this?

If you want a way to have sites available before DNS is functioning, you might consider the Apache UserDir feature, which allows user sites to appear on domain.tld/~username/. (Per-user web directories - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4).

Virtualmin also has a feature where it can create user.domain.tld in a selected domain automatically…I don’t remember where that is or how to turn it on/configure it, but I’m pretty sure it’s still in there, somewhere. (Not sure if TLS and Let’s Encrypt work for this, though. It’s pretty old stuff that hasn’t been touched in a long time.)

Or, just get your DNS right, and don’t waste time/effort on weird stuff.

Thank you very much for your replies.
yes I want to get as Joe suggests to address the Webmin server and then create subdomains, but for that I will open another post. Thank you .

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.