DKIM Milter won't start

You may try to see what’s happening. If is not good, you may comment it back.

if you need to stop and start many processes, add then in script.

First of all, disable auto-start those services. If you don’t disable auto-start at reboot, it will not work. Disable postfix and dkim-milter

At the end of the script use:

systemctl start dkim-milter systemctl start postfix

Lucrian, maybe you’re right… 'cause if that directory is deleted at reboot,
maybe the dkim-milter starts before the directory creation… and so that PID behaves badly…
we should understand why that directory is deleted.

i will do it…

how is your /etc/mail/dkim-milter/dkim-filter.conf ? thanks

If you are on Centos 7 remove DKIM-Milter and install OpenDKIM what is actually his successor. DKIM-Milter is several years old and obsolete software. Even if you are on Centos 6 you can install and use OpenDKIM without any problem.

Diabolico, really it works fine… the only problem is to understand why guys at Virtualmin didn’t have a look at the .conf …if the generic conf was good or bad…

IF the commented BaseDirectory is a problem… and why that directory /var/run/dkim-milter is not there at boot…

then, it does its work as usual… I don’t think that ATM I need to change the software for such a reason…the workaround is there but I think that’s something on the conf…

Honestly, I can’t reboot the server many times just to test this… maybe i will test it on local

so, in the virtualbox …installing Virtualmin, for CentOS 7 now it installs opendkim by default

I have all updated on my server, even Virtualmin…

it means that if I remove dkim-milter then if I go to DomainKeys Identified Mail, it installs opendkim instead of dkim-milter?

it means that if I remove dkim-milter then if I go to DomainKeys Identified Mail, it installs opendkim instead of dkim-milter?
Yes. But you could do this by yourself long time ago and not wait for Virtualmin to change this for Centos 7 (on Centos 6 is still DKIM-Milter last time i check). I said same thing before 4 months. Doesnt make sense to install old and obsolete software on new OS like Centos 7.

was so easy… but since no updates by andreychek on this topic I lost time…

it was enough to

service dkim-milter stop
yum remove dkim-milter

and going to “DomainKeys Identified Mail”
the last Virtualmin version installs opendkim now.

No problems at all.
Kind regards

p.s.: remember that if you do this, you have to update the DKIM TXT record for any external domain (those on remote DNS servers) 'cause the new generated key is different.
Sorry andreychek, I didn’t see this on 4.16 changelog…
“Fixed bugs setting up OpenDKIM on CentOS 7 systems.”

Diabolico, thank you. Honestly, I wasn’t even aware of this issue 'cause I didn’t notice any anomaly with the mail server, all the emails were successfully sent.

as already stated "I didn’t see this on Virtualmin 4.16 changelog… “Fixed bugs setting up OpenDKIM on CentOS 7 systems.”

thanks, bye bye lol

installing the opendkim on CentOS 7, if you’re running Spamassassin
you can find this issue on maillog
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1200167

do steps on Comment 29…

:wink: bye

The most of file is commented, except:

KeyFile /etc/dkim.key
KeyList /etc/mail/dkim-milter/keys/keylist
Selector qwerty
Socket local:/var/run/dkim-milter/dkim-milter.sock

how to fix

service dkim-milter start
Starting DomainKeys Identified Mail Milter (dkim-filter): dkim-filter: no such group `dkim-milter’
[FAILED]