Disk size has been increased, how to make partition larger

I dont know what you have done in terms of mounting new drive or how it was done. Perhaps submit a ticket to OVH, it might be trying to boot from the additional drive which OS is not on. Personally, I would have backed up everything and flashed the VPS with new total storage and restored backups. As toreskev said by using console, you can see the error message given and easier to troubleshoot.

1 Like

UPDATE

OVH are the pits!

After causing me the problems with the migration to the new larger disk they then refused to offer any help or even (it appeared to me) bother to read my support tickets.

I have ditched them and my server and data which I will now have to rebuild from scratch.

Have moved to Ionos. Better support (24/7 phone line). Better spec. Lower price.

I have moved to Ubuntu 20.4 LTS and installed Webmin/Virtualmin. Will take time but I will rebuild to where I was before.

The Ionos setup automatically installed LVM although now it is not needed as the 80Gb drive is a single partition for my servers.

This thread can be closed.

Geoff

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.