Database restore taking forever

It was working fine before, I was restoring virtual servers at normal speed so I could move them over to my dedicated server. I then started a larger site and after 4 hours the database part of the restore wasn’t done. Now all the databases on other virtual servers are taking forever to restore. What do you think is slowing down MySQL? I’ve rebooted the whole system a few times.

Also it appears mySQL is too slow to respond fast enough for me to make posts on one of my forums. I thought the move to a dedicated server would be a lot faster. Not sure what’s going on but it all happened after I tried to restore one of my bigger sites.

I’m also having 500 internal server errors. I checked the CPU and it’s insanely high.
CPU load averages 10.20 (1 min) 9.51 (5 mins) 8.82 (15 mins)
Just earlier it was at 0.01 0.02 and 0.03.

Howdy,

If your load is that high – you can use the program “top” to determine what is contributing to that load.

You can also run “mailq | tail -1” to see how many messages are currently in your email queue… having a lot of messages in there can cause an increase in your CPU usage.

-Eric

Yeah the loads are back to normal now. I think the load was just very high from the fact that I’m writing a mySQL database of 300,000 forum threads with a dual core processor. Now I’m getting this error when I try to login to my email accounts I had previously setup and restored.
An error occurred listing mail in this folder : Failed to lookup IP address for localhost

I’ll make a new thread, thanks.

An error occurred listing mail in this folder : Failed to lookup IP address for localhost

Sounds like your localhost entry in /etc/hosts may have been removed.

You need an entry in your hosts file that looks like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost