Creating default server from post installation wizard fails

I have just installed the latest version of Virtualmin (using install sh) on a new Ubuntu 18.04 server and was going through the post-installation wizard but when I reached the part where I have to create a default server, lets encrypt can’t seem to request the certificate (a self-signed certificate is added to the domain instead).

However, when I delete this default server and manually create a new virtual default server, it worked fine and the lets encrypt certificate was added successfully.

What could be the reason for this?

P.S. when I run the “re-check configuration”, everything passes.

EDIT:

I installed Virtualmin on another test server (Ubuntu 18.04) that I have just now and the default server set-up works fine on the post-installation wizard but the let’s encrypt certificate only works when i access DOMAIN:10000 but shows an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR instead of the default Virtualmin Under Construction page when I try to go to the DOMAIN directly though. I then tried removing the default server created by the post-installation wizard and manually creating it like I did above and the default server is using the let’s encrypt certificate and working fine now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.