Creating a new virtual server, takes down all the existing sites

Howdy,

I’m having the following problem. “Whenever I create a new virtual server, it takes down all the existing websites on that particular server”.

I came across the reason for the problem. It is due to a Virtualmin upgrade. It is mentioned in the following link.
https://www.virtualmin.com/comment/803214#comment-803214

Right now my working solution for the problems is the following,
After creating a virtual server every time I have to go to /etc/apache2/sites-available and edit the “*.conf” file related to the particular virtual server.
and change <VirtualHost 128.xxx.xxx.227:80> to, <VirtualHost *:80>

It would be great if you can let me know a permanent fix to this problem by changing some settings or something.

Thank you.

As long as all of your sites use either IPs or *:80 (and *:443) and you choose the matching option in Virtualmin config, this will never happen again, even on Virtualmin upgrades as documented in the comment you linked.

Hi Joe,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I would like to keep everything as *:80 (and *:443 ). So what Virtualmin config I need to edit or change.

I would really appreciate it if you can guide me on how to do it.

Thank you,
Regards

It’s documented in that thread: Virtualmin virtual-server module version 6.04 released

Hey Joe,

Thank you very much. You made my day. I was suffering from this problems for almost an year.

Thanks a lot for helping me out.

Thank you,
Best Regards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.