Create user with access only to mysql database without ftp access and email

How I can create the user in virtual server that will have access only to database, but without email and ftp accesses to server?

And can I give for current virtual server administrator access to manage per-table permissions in databases for users in this server?

Howdy,

Sorry, there’s no simple way to provide per-table permissions in Virtualmin… you can provide per-database permissions though.

To do that, go into Edit Mail and FTP Users, and click “Add a user to this server”.

In the Email Settings section of that screen, set “Primary email address enabled” to “No”.

In Other User Permissions, set Other user permissions to “Email Only”, and set what databases they should be allowed to access.

-Eric

And can I give for current virtual server administrator access to manage per-table permissions in databases for users in this server?

As Eric said, you need to do that manually in Webmin’s “MySQL Server” module. There you can set very granular access rights for existing MySQL users (also those created by Virtualmin).

Thank’s for info about creating user without email and ftp, only with db access! this is not intuitive way, but works normally.

About permissions to tables, I find this functional in Webmin’s “MySQL Server” module, but if I give access to this for some virtualserver administrator, it will have all access to all databases and tables on server, this is not secure.

And I can’t solve this problem with internal mysql functional, because if I give to user CREATE USER permission in mysql, this user will get access to manage access for all databases, but I need give virtualserver administrator access to manage access for only him databases, not all in server :frowning:

About permissions to tables, I find this functional in Webmin’s “MySQL Server” module, but if I give access to this for some virtualserver administrator, it will have all access to all databases and tables on server, this is not secure.

Before I write all that stuff again that I produced the last days, I’d like to refer you to the following forum thread. :slight_smile:

http://www.virtualmin.com/node/16776

(It is in general a good idea, on any forum, to search / check / browse it for existing threads about your specific problem by the way. :slight_smile: )

Thank’s for the link, I searched forum before post, but can’t find it because I searching about virualmin functional. As I read, it not too easy to create table-level permission change for databases in webmin module and at now there are no way to give full access to permission for virtualserver administrator without giving access to all databases :frowning:
I’ll try to write some separate php utility for this.

Hmm, I’m not really sure what should be “not too easy” about creating table permissions? You select the database, the table, the user and the permissions and click “Create”. :slight_smile: How much easier can it get?

As for your second point, if you need a MySQL user (as created by Virtualmin) to have full access to a specific other database, which is not inside that user’s virtual domain, you can simply create a database-level access entry for that user in Webmin.

I really don’t see where the problem is. :slight_smile:

As for your second point, if you need a MySQL user (as created by Virtualmin) to have full access to a specific other database, which is not inside that user’s virtual domain, you can simply create a database-level access entry for that user in Webmin.
I need to give for user access to manage other users table-specific privileges only in him virtualserver users and databases, not for all users. So, for do this in webmin mysql module, it must look to virtualmin configuration for known which users and tables can manage this user, but webmin is separate app and can’t hardly depend on virtualmin. Therefore, the only way I see is to create the same functional for tune table-specific rules in virtualmin edit user interface.

Yeah, well, can’t have everything I guess. :slight_smile: