Create new sub server menu disappeared

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 20.04
Webmin version 1.991
Virtualmin version 7.04 Pro
Related packages SUGGESTED

Last night I added a new subdomain, no problem. Today I want to create a new subdomain for the same domain. Lo and behold the tab for Sub Server is missing!! I need help! Thanks

I found the potential problem:
Warning!
A problem was detected with your Virtualmin license :
Your system is licensed for only 10 servers, but you have 11. A renewal can be purchased at Virtualmin Shop

You are selling Virtualmin Pro for 10 domains, I only have 3 domains installed:
ā€œVirtualmin Professional for 10 domains on 1 server.ā€

virtualmin 3 domains

Donā€™t tell me Virtualmin is counting subdomains as domains. If I expect precision anywhere, it would be hereā€¦

This is an inhouse development server and the only reason for going Pro was the Magento installer script. Iā€™m sad to say the Magento installer doesnā€™t work, so Iā€™m ready to downgrade back to the free version. I never had this limit.
I upgraded to 50 ā€œdomainsā€ because I couldnā€™t wait and because you are offering a fantastic product overall.

Yep I got ā€˜caughtā€™ with that was one of the reasons I went back to the GPL version

1 Like

The price difference in license between 10 domains and 50 domains is $25 / per year, which makes it $2 a month.

@Daniel_Stadeli If you need more domains, just get a larger license.

Virtualmin prices are way better than any of the competitors already anyway.

1 Like

New domains with new content count against the licensed domains. A sub-server is about ownership, not features. A sub-server can do everything a parent virtual server can, it just lives in the same home as the parent.

You are correct that GPL has no domain limits. Weā€™re trying to price the product based on how heavily it is used and how many customers it is serving, to keep it very cheap for hobbyists, while charging more for people who make money with their Virtualmin systems.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.