create example.com & mail.example.com at once

Help me please:

I want 2 apache virtual host created at once: example.com & mail.example.com.

I try using server template. No problem for dns, i can point mail.example.com to my ip, but server template for apache virtual host only allow one virtual host.

So, how to create example.com and mail.example.com all at once ?

Thanks,

wow, very quick response…
thx.

Sorry Joe, I can’t speak english correctly,

I mean like this:

• i have squirrelmail on /usr/share/squirrelmail.
  • url for access this webmail: mail.example.com

I think,more easier if i can create example.com & mail.example.com at once using server templates.

Note: for pop3/smtp i’m not using mail.example.com, its only for webmail.

why not create webmail.example.com and install squirrelmail in there for users to log in?

i think, not easy to upgrade squirrelmail later if i have many clients.

it seems to me that upgrading a script to a newer version i.e updating should not be influenced by the number of accounts it holds.
Then again I am not familiar with squirrelmail.

A mail DNS record is already created (for use for SMTP and POP3/IMAP, generally, though it’s not required, and some folks prefer to use a single domain for all POP3S/IMAPS connections so they can use a single certificate).

So, if you want mail to simply alias to the www.example.com/example.com site, you could just add this line to the Apache website section of the Server Template:

ServerAlias mail.${DOM}

For existing servers, you’d need to add the alias in the Services:Configure Website:Networking and Addresses page in the field labeled “Alternate virtual server names”.

You can’t use the usual “Create Alias” form, because there already exists a mail.example.com name in the DNS zone (and other places). Other auto-generated addresses are ftp, m, and www.

A mail DNS record is already created (for use for SMTP and POP3/IMAP, generally, though it’s not required, and some folks prefer to use a single domain for all POP3S/IMAPS connections so they can use a single certificate).

So, if you want mail to simply alias to the www.example.com/example.com site, you could just add this line to the Apache website section of the Server Template:

ServerAlias mail.${DOM}

For existing servers, you’d need to add the alias in the Services:Configure Website:Networking and Addresses page in the field labeled “Alternate virtual server names”.

You can’t use the usual “Create Alias” form, because there already exists a mail.example.com name in the DNS zone (and other places). Other auto-generated addresses are ftp, m, and www.

ServerAlias mail.${DOM}