Couple Of Things

First I have fedora 15 been working great.

My webmin is upto date but my virtualmin is not and I don’t have any options anywhere to update it.

Current version is 3.88.gpl GPL Any ideas on how to update?

Next is when I create a virtual server it gets created in the apache server as

<VirtualHost *:80> whis is how I would like to have it work but it doesn’t work.

I have to edit my apache with the ip address to make it work <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80> (Example only)

anybody able to assist on this?

So Is this like to hard of a question?

First I have fedora 15 been working great.

My webmin is upto date but my virtualmin is not and I don’t have any options anywhere to update it.

Current version is 3.88.gpl GPL Any ideas on how to update?

Next is when I create a virtual server it gets created in the apache server as

<VirtualHost *:80> is how I would like to have it work but it doesn’t work.

I have to edit my apache with the ip address to make it work <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80> (Example only)

anybody able to assist on this?

The System Information page should inform you about Virtualmin upgrades and offer an Install button as well.

As for the incorrect VirtualHost directive… Something must be a bit odd there in your setup. For my installation, virtual servers get created with the IP address in the VirtualHost directive.

When you create a a server, what’s the settings under “IP address and forwarding”?

Heres What I have for IP address and forwarding
Default mail forwarding address None
Network interface Shared, on IP 1.2.3.4 (examle only)
Shared, on non-default IP 1.2.3…4
Virtual with IP Already active

IPv6 network interface None
Add with address Already active

External IP address Same as real address

and as far as having an update button for virtualmin Nope I sure don’t. I an going to try and enclose a screen shot.

For the other parts, I am not sure. But updating I know. :slight_smile:

To update your system, go into the Webmin side and then

System -> Software Package Updates.

There should be a listing there for the latest version of Virtualmin.

You can also update individual VirtualMin packages on the Webmin side.

System -> VirtualMin Package Updates.

I have the exact same problem… I upgrade to apache 2.4 on one of my servers and had to install a ton of updates, but after this update I have the following problem: EVERY time a new website config gets generated, it adds a <VirtualHost *:80> at the top of the config instead of <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80> (example IP)

I then manually have to change that first line of the config for the site to work… WHICH IS REALLY ANNOYING!

How do I change that first line? Is there a default setting somewhere that I have to change?! Please help!