Congrats on CloudMin !

Hi Joe,

Just feed me some Cloudmin before my HyperVM system (openvz) is hacked and destroyed…

And a beer.

And some pretzels (I love pretzels)

I really hate to do this, but after I get my Cloudmin (yes I crashed your party, I know), is any billing system gearing up to support it?

Thank you

whmcs.com is a solid billing system (and more) with already a working module for virtualmin.
They know the virtualmin’s API and I can imagine a Cloudmin module if more people ask for it. Especially as a replacement for HyperVM

yes, im interested in using cloudmin with whmcs as well. I really need to pay with cloudmin before i will buy it though. It amazes me how many orders you guys have received without anyone playing with a demo, trial, or even really screenshots.

It amazes me how many orders you guys have received without anyone playing with a demo, trial, or even really screenshots

Yeah, we’re surprised, too. But, it’s not like folks don’t know who we are, or whether our software is solid. We have been at this web-based systems management business for nearly 12 years now (Webmin will be 12 in October). We’ll be around for a long time to come, and we don’t build shoddy products. We also fix problems fast. And, I guess the 45 day money back guarantee doesn’t hurt, either.

So, anyway, for folks that don’t know us and just trust that the software we build is gonna be awesome, there will be a demo and a lot more information in a day or two. Eric and I are working on the docs right now, and I’m hoping to post an introductory screencast sometime tomorrow, as well. Jamie is still working on OpenVZ support, and we expect it to wrap up soon. He was able to put in quite a bit of work on the weekend, but I’m not sure how much more work is needed.

We don’t know yet whether Matt at WHMCS will be working with us on getting Cloudmin supported, but we’d certainly be happy to see if happen. We’ve heard nothing but good things about Matt and his product, so we think it’d be great to see it working with Cloudmin, too. So, for anybody that’s a WHMCS customer, and you also want to see Cloudmin support, you might mention us to him. I assume he builds what his customers want to buy. :wink:

On a related note, we’re hoping to get LXAdmin/Kloxo migration built into Virtualmin 3.70.

Just feed me some Cloudmin before my HyperVM system (openvz) is hacked and destroyed…

Jamie’s running as fast as he can on OpenVZ support (which is quite fast indeed, Jamie’s a machine when he digs into something).

I really hate to do this, but after I get my Cloudmin (yes I crashed your party, I know), is any billing system gearing up to support it?

Everybody’s welcome at the party. We’ll just have to deal with the crowd of new folks for a little while until we’ve gotten to know everybody.

I’m hoping Matt from WHMCS will be the first out of the gate with billing support for Cloudmin. But, his customers will be more able to guide that than we can. We’re more than willing to work with him on getting support added (I don’t think I’ve ever heard a single complaint from Virtualmin customers using WHMCS, so we’re big fans), but most of the work would be on his end, so we can’t do much to make it happen without him. So, if you’re a WHMCS customer, and want to use it with Cloudmin, sending a friendly note to Matt would be awesome. :wink:

If you have another favorite billing solution, don’t hesitate to mention Cloudmin and Virtualmin to the developer. We will work with anyone that wants to add support to their app. Our API is dead simple to use (just one HTTP request for most actions), and it is very similar across Virtualmin and Cloudmin (so adding both isn’t much harder than adding one of them, assuming the billing app already understands a variety of products so it can accomodate both VPS and shared hosting accounts).