Cluster Slave Servers

Hi

I am having a small issue with VirtualMin and BIND.

I have one Virtualmin Server and two Webmin servers (ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com) all running BIND. Both Webmin servers are defined as Cluster Slave Servers in VirtualMin server with “Create secondary on slave when creating locally?” to yes.

When I create a new domain in Virtualmin and select “DNS domain enabled?” in features, the DNS zones are created on both the webmin servers. Everything fine.

The problem started when I decided to remove ns2.mydomain.com and deleted it from Cluster Slave Servers. Later on I unchecked the DNS domain enabled feature (BIND) from that domain but VirtualMin still attempts to check ns2.mydomain.com. It gives no error and proceed further but I would like to make everything correct at my end.

If I check again DNS then and un-check it still goes to check ns2.mydomain.com.

Looks like it has stored that somewhere and did not delete when the server was removed.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Habib

You’re right, removing a DNS Cluster Slave server will not remove references to it from existing domains. I don’t really know if there’s a place to edit that in the GUI, but I found that the DNS slaves for each domain are recorded in the files in /etc/webmin/virtual-server/domains/*. The files in there have number sequences as names; you’ll need to find those domains in question and look for the dns_slave line.

Thanks Locutus