Cloudmin Master and multiple Virtualmin GPL hosts

Good day,

I’ve purchased a Cloudmin license and i’ve installed it on a master server, where is a minimal Virtualmin configuration also.

I need to use the master server as a single point to manage my Virtualmin GPL hosts, and from it, I’ll be able to manage (create, edit, delete) domains and all other featured managed by Virtualmin hosts.

After the setup, i’ve moved to virtualmin hosts and i tried to configure Cloudmin Services Client but i’ve received this error message: … check failed : Remote program list-provision-features does not exist

Any help for me? Are there links with detailed docs about physical hosts management?

Many thanks
Antonino

Howdy,

Cloudmin Services is a separate product, and probably not actually what you’re looking for.

If you have Cloudmin, and you’re looking to tie together multiple Virtualmin instances – what you can do is go into New System, and click “Add Physical System”.

Using that, you can add all of the systems you have out there running Virtualmin.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions!

-Eric

Ciao Eric,

i’ve already added my Virtualmin server and everithing seems to be working regularly, but, if i try to use Cloudmin -> Virtualmin Settings -> Virtualmin Domains to add a domain on one of my servers, it create the domain on master server instead to use remote Virtualmin servers.

Starting fro this issue, i’ve discovered on remote Virtualmin server the Cloudmin Services Client and i suppose to be oblidged to configure it in order to create domains on that servers from the master, but as i’ve mentioned in my previous post, i receive the error: “check failed : Remote program list-provision-features does not exist”

Waiting yours,
Antonino

Howdy,

Whenever you’re creating a new Virtual Server on the “Virtualmin Domains” screen – what is the “Create on system” field set to?

By default, that’s set to “With fewest domains”, meaning that Cloudmin would choose the Virtualmin system with the fewest amount of domains on it to place your new domain.

As far as your Cloudmin Services question goes – I’m not quite sure what that error means… but I think it would help if you could start a new forum thread and ask that question there, which would help keep me from getting confused :slight_smile:

Then, I’ll ask some questions about what you’re seeing in your new post – and if we need to, we can get Jamie to chime in and give us a hand. Thanks!

-Eric

Ciao Eric,

default option on “Virtualmin Domains” is “With fewest domains”, because other Virtualmin Servers are not listed in the options available.

I’m not able to understand how to see all Virtualmin servers on Cloudmin host.

Regarding a new thread, in order to avoid any confusion, i’ll proceed as soon as we solve or fix this one.

Waiting yours,
Antonino

Howdy,

I’m not able to understand how to see all Virtualmin servers on Cloudmin host.

You can add all your Virtualmin servers into your Cloudmin system by going into Cloudmin, and clicking New System -> Add Physical System.

Once you add all your Physical Systems, Cloudmin will be able to create new Virtual Servers within the Virtualmin instance running on them.

-Eric

Ciao Eric,

as you can see from the screenshot, i’m able to see all servers listed in Cloudmin master, but only the master itself is classified as Virtualmin Server, so probably, i’m not able to register domains on other servers.

How is possible to fix that issue?

Regards

Eric,

could you update about the question in my last comment?

Thanks

Sorry, I somehow managed to miss your comment.

It should say “Virtualmin” for the status if it sees Virtualmin running on those servers, and can log into it.

That may mean that it doesn’t see Virtualmin, or doesn’t know how to access it.

Is Virtualmin running on the standard port 10000?

Also, is there anything that might be preventing Cloudmin from accessing Virtualmin on your servers?

For example, can you telnet from your Cloudmin server to port 10000 on those other servers?

-Eric

Hi,
When can we get the “Cloudmin Services client” FEATURE available for us ?

Ciao Eric,

confirmed your thesis, Cloudmin server hasn’t ssh access to Virtualmin servers.
I’ve shared ssh auth keys and now everithyng working regular.

Thanks