Cloudmin initial setup problems

Hi guys, i got it to work, i reinstalled cloudmin and after that it worked, thanks for your help

Hi mate, i got it to work thanks heaps, i just have one more problem, i followed virtualmin documentation on slave dns server setting and it doesnt work.
The only thing i did maybe wrong is that during the installation i gave computer a name as sub.domain.com do you think this is where i went wrong? I tried 3 times just wont work, error hostname cannot be resolved.

So these are my steps for example i am adding a raspberry pi for testing.
installed webmin on pi (hostname is raspberrypi)
when adding to webmin server index i enter raspberrypi in the hostname box but i cannot choose option login with username and password, when i do it says i cannot connect, it only works with normal link option.
so when i create link with the ip only, then when i go to cluster slave servers and add it shows up only as ip and this is not correct.
so what do i do? change raspberrypi hostname to sub.mydomain.com ? is so which records i need to create on the main server to point to it.
sorry, its so frustrating, im sure its simple to do but i just cant figure it out

Can you open a separate ticket for this slave DNS issue? It makes them easier to track …

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.