Cloudmin Connect for Virtualmin with Cloudmin Pro 10 domains

Hello,
first of all: cool the new Virtualmin forum :grinning:
Secondly, could anyone explain me the difference of Cloudmin Connect for Virtualmin inside Cloudmin and Virtualmin?
With Cloudmin and Virtualmin, this feature (Cloudmin Connect for Virtualmin) works in the same way?
If I had a Cloudmin Pro 10 domains, buying only Cloudmin Connect for Virtualmin ($40 for year), I can manage unlimited virtualmin installations though I have Cloudmin Pro 10 domains?
Thank you in advance for your replies.
Regards
Mike

You donā€™t need a separate Cloudmin Connect license if you have any Cloudmin Pro license. Cloudmin Pro limits are based on number of virtual machines being created/managed by Cloudmin, but you can add as many Virtualmin servers as you like to be connected to Cloudmin provided services (e.g. databases, etc.). At least, I think thatā€™s how it works. There are never any domain limits in Cloudmin Pro or Connect (thatā€™s a Virtualmin limit).

In short: Any Cloudmin Pro license will provide Cloudmin Connect. You donā€™t need a separate Cloudmin Connect license.

Hi, thank you for your reply.
If I havenā€™t understood badly to create domains with Cloudmin interface, I need to have a virtualmin license inside Cloudmin, and Iā€™ve stored it in Cloudmin settings --> Virtualmin Pro License --> Add License.
In this way I can create, manage, etc., all domains that I need.
Is it correct?
Thank you for your reply, and sorry for these questions but Iā€™m new in Cloudmin.
Regards
Mike

You can connect any Virtualmin servers, not just Pro licensed ones. The Virtualmin licenses page is so that Cloudmin can install Virtualmin Pro on a VM for you and setup the license. But, if you already have Virtualmin servers setup (Pro or GPL), you can manage them without Cloudmin needing to know about the licenses.

To add your Virtualmin systems (if they arenā€™t in a virtual machine managed by Cloudmin), click Add Physical System in the Add System menu. (Even if itā€™s a virtual machine. As long as Cloudmin isnā€™t managing the virtual machine, it looks like a regular physical system to Cloudmin. We probably should rename that and make it more obviousā€¦). And, of course, the DNS/database/mail features are primarily setup on the Virtualmin side (look for Cloudmin Services Client in the menu).

If Iā€™ve understood well the procedure,
In Cloudmin section, --> New system --> Add Physical System and I add

• Internet Hostname (ex. mydomain.com);
  • System group (ex. mydomain name)
  • SSH Login Mode: etc.
    Etc.
    After this, always in Cloudmin, I go to Virtualmin Settings --> Cloudmin Services
    and I find Add Service Hosting System with 2 sections:
  1. Details of system for hosting services
  2. Service limits and settings.
    Into the first section, thereā€™s ā€œSystem hostnameā€ witht a drop-down list that I thought it takes from New System -->Add Physical System (all systems that Iā€™ve created before).
    I choose my system (internet hostname) and I click on ā€œAdd system for service hostingā€.
    Is it correct?
    Thank you for your help.

The second part (ā€œAdd system for service hostingā€) is only for adding Cloudmin Services hosts. It is not necessary for Virtualmin servers. Services hosts are servers that will be acting as DNS, database, or mail scanner, hosting on behalf of Virtualmin hosts.

You probably donā€™t want to include your Virtualmin servers in that (though some people probably do it that way, too, I prefer to have dedicated DNS and database hosts for ease of migrations/maintenance, and performance tuning is easier when a host is doing only one thing, etc.)

Youā€™re mixing up two different concepts, I think. You have Virtualmin systems, and then you can also have Cloudmin Services systems that provide some service to the Virtualmin servers (e.g. DNS hosting so the Virtualmin servers themselves donā€™t have to manage it locally). If you just want to be able to keep up with your Virtualmin servers better, and donā€™t need to split out services, you donā€™t need to mess about with the Cloudmin Services features yet. Just adding your Virtualmin servers and checking the box that says Create Virtualmin domains and making sure Cloudmin has a Webmin login is sufficient to add your Virtualmin system(s) to Cloudmin.

Hi, thank you for your reply. At this page https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/cloudmin/vm/manage they say:

ā€œOnce you have systems registered with Cloudmin that run Virtualmin, you can use the Cloudmin interface to create, find and manage domains on those systems. In a company with many real and virtual
systems, this makes domain management much easier than logging into every one of your Virtualmin hosts individually to find a domain.ā€

I ask this because if I do this:
In Cloudmin section, --> New system --> Add Physical System and I add

• Internet Hostname (ex. mydomain.com);
  • System group (ex. mydomain name)
  • SSH Login Mode: etc.
    Etc.

the system returns me this error:
Checking SSH login ā€¦
ā€¦ SSH connection failed : Timeout connecting (SSH failed to complete in 30 seconds)

It seems that I wrong the procedure.
How can I run Virtualmin in Cloudmin? Because I canā€™t any referral in the documentation about it and how makes domain. Have I to use the normal sh install script? And after to have installed Virtualmin I can create and manage domains?
Please, could you help me? Regards Mike