Cloud email Provider per Virtual Server?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Webmin version 2.001
Virtualmin version 7.3
Related packages SUGGESTED

Hello, on the Virtualmin PRO version, can I have a different Cloud DNS Provider per virtual server?
I’d like to create several AWS SES accounts, to use on different virtual servers? Is that possible?
Thanks

I’m not sure, actually. I would guess not, since it would need a transport map setup to divide out the traffic. I’ll ask @Jamie

I assume you mean Cloud SMTP provider, right?

Right now there’s no way to use a different SES account per domain, sorry. Technically this could be done, but it would take a lot of work to re-do the current code that sets up SMTP relaying…

Hi Jamie, yes, that’s right, SMTP provider, my bad.
I’d like to use different accounts to prevent a virtual domain that has an account that has been compromised by a hacker (that happens quite often), to affect other virtual domains.
Are there any plans to implement that?
Or is there another way I could do it?
Thanks

There are (at least) two other ways to accomplish what you wish, @rogeriobrito:

1. sender dependant relays in postfix will let you use different SMTP servers for different domains and in extreme situations, different email addresses, should such granular configuration ever be required.

2. mail rate limits of Virtualmin let you define an upper limit for messages that can be sent out per hour / per day for every domain / virtual server and this protects your server and IP address from excessive abuse even if hackers gain access to a mailbox and use it to send spam.

2 is easier to implement than 1. I suggest you go with 2 first and if it does not satisfactorily protect you from abuse by hackers who spam, then think about doing 1.

1 Like

You would need to look into setting up sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_maps in postfix config.

You would also have to setup smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd to save the user and password information for those accounts.

Just search the topic: Postfix: Routing outgoing email based on sender domain

Thanks guys, I’ll look into those options.
Best,

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.