Clamdscan not working

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Debian 11
Webmin version 2.013
Virtualmin version 7.5 Pro

Hi

On one of my domains I’ve installed Dolibarr. In the settings I can arrange so that clmadscan scans all files uploading to the server, but I can’t make it running.

My settings in Dolibarr are
Full path to antivirus command : /usr/bin/clamdscan (the file is there)
More parameters on command line : --fdpass

The above is according to what is reccomended by Dolibarr and also as what I can find when searching on clamdscan. Anyhow, when trying to scan, I’ve the message “The antivirus program was not able to validate the file (file might be infected by a virus)”.

There are for sure no virus in the file, so there is something else going on. If I replace clamdscan with clamscan (without a d in the middle) and take away --fdpass, then it scans, but it is impossible to use as each file takes at least 30 seconds to scan.

I’ve put the question on the Dolibarr forum, and had the advice to ask on the Debian forum, but I start by asking you as I’m using Virtualmin Pro.

So why does not clamdscan work? I had this issue a couple of years ago but just gave it up and have been running without virusscan, but it is kind of scary.

All the Best

Hans

if you run the clamdscan command in a terminal do you get any errors? It maybe the service need to be started.

Hi and thanks

Yeah, there is an error : ERROR: Could not connect to clamd on LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl: No such file or directory

Hans

Check your bootup services, there should be one for clamd

I’m up running! Thanks for the input. I gave the error message to chat.openai and it gave me the instructions how to to set up clamdscan!

systemctl enable clamav-daemon

Thanks again.

Hans

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.