CLAMAV version unknown and security updates for clamav

IN dashboard software versions clamav version is unknown!

Also there should be some important security updates to ClamAV 0.99.3 has been released!
http://blog.clamav.net/2018/01/clamav-0993-has-been-released.html
The ClamAV AntiVirus software versions 0.99.2 and prior contain a vulnerability that could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a denial of service (DoS) condition on an affected device. and more as ClamAV AntiVirus software versions 0.99.2 and prior contain a vulnerability that could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a denial of service (DoS) condition or potentially execute arbitrary code on an affected device.

https://gist.github.com/manuelm/dbc94001c77c07363cdcb5b390c2cb04

Webmin version 1.872
Usermin version 1.732
Virtualmin version 6.02
Theme version Authentic Theme 19.08.

On CentOS: We no longer provide the ClamAV packages for any installation made after Virtualmin 6 was release (anything using our /vm/6 repositories)…they come from EPEL, which hasn’t been updated yet. We do have ClamAV packages in our old pre-VM6 repos, and I’ll push new ClamAV packages into those repos as soon as they’re available in EPEL (or maybe before, if they take more than a couple more days to push them, but I like to track upstream closely whenever I can for compatibility sake).

On Debian/Ubuntu: We’ve never provided the ClamAV packages on these platforms. They’re provided by the OS vendor.

I’m not sure why your dashboard is showing unknown version…it’s working on all of my systems. What’s your OS and version?

CentOS Linux 7.4.1708

clamav End-user tools for the Clam Antivirus scanner Running latest 0.99.2-13.el7 Installed
clamav-data Virus signature data for the Clam Antivirus scanner Running latest 0.99.2-13.el7 Installed
clamav-devel Header files and libraries for the Clam Antivirus scanner Running latest 0.99.2-13.el7 Installed
clamav-filesystem Filesystem structure for clamav Running latest 0.99.2-13.el7 Installed
clamav-lib Dynamic libraries for the Clam Antivirus scanner Running latest 0.99.2-13.el7 Installed
clamav-scanner Clamav scanner daemon Running latest 0.99.2-13.el7 Installed
clamav-scanner-systemd Systemd initscripts for clamav scanner daemon Running latest 0.99.2-13.el7 Installed
clamav-server Clam Antivirus scanner server Running latest 0.99.2-13.el7 Installed
clamav-server-systemd Systemd initscripts for clamav server Running latest 0.99.2-13.el7 Installed
clamav-update Auto-updater for the Clam Antivirus scanner data-files Running latest 0.99.2-13.el7 Installed

Updated still in dashboard software versions.
ClamAV version Unknown

now version in packages:

clamav End-user tools for the Clam Antivirus scanner Running latest 0.99.3-1.el7 Installed
clamav-data Virus signature data for the Clam Antivirus scanner Running latest 0.99.3-1.el7 Installed
clamav-devel Header files and libraries for the Clam Antivirus scanner Running latest 0.99.3-1.el7 Installed
clamav-filesystem Filesystem structure for clamav Running latest 0.99.3-1.el7 Installed
clamav-lib Dynamic libraries for the Clam Antivirus scanner Running latest 0.99.3-1.el7 Installed
clamav-scanner Clamav scanner daemon Running latest 0.99.3-1.el7 Installed
clamav-scanner-systemd Systemd initscripts for clamav scanner daemon Running latest 0.99.3-1.el7 Installed
clamav-server Clam Antivirus scanner server Running latest 0.99.3-1.el7 Installed
clamav-server-systemd Systemd initscripts for clamav server Running latest 0.99.3-1.el7 Installed
clamav-update Auto-updater for the Clam Antivirus scanner data-files Running latest 0.99.3-1.el7 Installed

Hello Joe,
please better explain…

they come from EPEL, ok, but is it safe to update ? Eg. now I have 0.99.2 and from EPEL they release 0.99.4

do I need to update? Is there an issue if I update to 0.99.4 or from now on not anymore? Did they solve the issue with config files that you sometimes have mentioned ?

Thanks

Also after latest update, unknown version .

Need to up this because unfortunately never a clear response.

The questions:
"…they come from EPEL, ok, but is it safe to update ? Eg. now I have 0.99.2 and from EPEL they release 0.99.4 (or other, by now)

do I need to update? Is there an issue if I update to 0.99.4 (or other, by now) or from now on not anymore? Did they solve the issue with config files that you sometimes have mentioned ?

Thanks"