Checking Configuration has not been completed - "your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin"

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: Ubuntu Linux 20.04.3
Webmin version: 1.981
Virtualmin version: 6.17-3
Related products version: Usermin version 1.823

Halo
I installed Virtualmin through the same link (Downloading and Installing Virtualmin – Virtualmin)… the installation was done without problems…

But I get a message during Checking Configuration:

“…your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.”

Is there a solution to this?
Full text:

The status of your system is being checked to ensure that all enabled features are available, that the mail server is properly configured, and that quotas are active …

Your system has 7.63 GiB of memory, which is at or above the Virtualmin recommended minimum of 256 MiB.

BIND DNS server is installed, and the system is configured to use it.

Mail server Postfix is installed and configured.

Postfix is configured to support per-domain outgoing IP addresses.

Apache is installed.

The following PHP versions are available : 7.4.3 (/bin/php-cgi7.4)

The following PHP-FPM versions are available on this system : 7.4.3 (php7.4-fpm)

The following PHP execution modes are available : none cgi fcgid fpm

PHP versions have changed to 7.4 since last check. Regenerating any missing php.ini files.

Webalizer is installed.

Apache is configured to host SSL websites.

MySQL 8.0.27-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 is installed and running.

ProFTPD is installed.

Logrotate is installed.

SpamAssassin and Procmail are installed and configured for use.

The procmail command in the Postfix configuration does not exist.

… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.

Look for the Supported OS page don’t know the link now, but there the LTS version is supported only i remember
while:

OS type and version: Ubuntu Linux 20.04.3

• Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and 20.04 LTS on i386 and amd64 (non-LTS releases are not supported). 20.04 LTS is recommended.

@jotst,

20.04.3 is the LTS :slight_smile:

If he were running “20.10” or “21.04” or “21.10” then you’d be right.

1 Like

Is there a solution to the problem?

IYup sorry i only read version nr not the LTS behind it and don’t use Ubuntu myself.
So therefore don’t know about version nr’s being LTS.

@nureddin search gives more this is only one
“The procmail command in the Postfix configuration does not exist” - Help! (Home for newbies) - Virtualmin Community

Unfortunately, I did not find a solution.

You’re missing the procmail-wrapper package or system configuration did not complete.

Either would suggest that you’re running on an unsupported distro or architecture, or that the system is not a fresh OS installation, maybe you installed some other packages before Virtualmin, or made some configuration changes.

If you start with a freshly installed, supported, OS (and supported archtecture…i.e. not ARM), and run the installer, if every stage completes without error or warnings, then you won’t have this problem.

I would have to guess at where exactly things went wrong…so I don’t want to tell you how to just fix this one warning. It indicates several things could have gone wrong, and you’ll be back tomorrow with more problems if we just fix this one.

As far as I know, there are no known bugs installing on a freshly installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on amd64 (x86_64) architecture system. It’s possible there are new problems caused by updates to the OS we don’t know about yet, but those are rare this late in the release cycle of a distro, and since Ubuntu is popular, we probably would be hearing a lot about it.

So, my recommendation to you is to start with a freshly installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (whatever the current release is, I guess 20.04.3, is fine) system. Make sure you do not enable any third-party repos, make sure the image your provider gives you doesn’t have a bunch of stuff pre-installed (i.e. don’t install a “LAMP Stack” image or one with Webmin or whatever). Run the installer, and watch the danged installer carefully. It counts down the steps so you can see if it exits early. If it exits early, stop what you’re doing, and tell us where it stopped. You system isn’t ready and you shouldn’t proceed past an incomplete installation as though it’ll fix itself later…it will not.

I’m already using Arm-Based Compute!
Is this really the cause of the problem?
Can you explain that please?

I disabled email spam and now virtualmin works fine without email spam…

Is this considered a risk or what are the expected risks or problems?

I can explain: We do not support ARM systems.

It’ll work, minus all mail processing (spam/AV scanning, autoresponders, etc.).

Yup that was why i did post a link and quoted @Joe post about that before above here, i did found it with forum search, but true sometimes you have to read a lot of search result before the one you need is for your eyes. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.