Changing 'Shared IP' for existing Vservers

Every 2-3 months, my ISP renegotiates IP subscriptions and we all find ourselves drawing from a new pool of IPs on our local network. Is there a way I can change the ‘Shared IP’ of all existing and future virtualmin servers without having to delete and recreate accounts?

~Tony

I read in another thread on here that the Professional version recently introduced a "Change IP" option to automate the process of changing over IPs for existing Vservers-- might we see something like this in the free version…?

~Tony

I’ve gone through Virtualmin and Webmin a couple times now and I can find no automated methods of changing shared ip’s for vservers. I am able to update my IP when ‘Re-Checking my Config’, but it does nothing for existing Vservers. Is this a feature we might see introduced at some point?

~Tony

Hey Tony,

A “change shared IP for some or all domains” feature does exist in Virtualmin Professional. I suspect it’ll make it into GPL pretty soon, as it doesn’t fit either of the categories of “money features” that we generally reserve for Professional.

Whats up Cooper!

Any idea when the next version of Virtualmin GPL is slated for release?

~Tony

Hey Tony,

We don’t pre-announce. :wink:

It’ll be at the same time as the next Virtualmin Professional release. Not sure when that’ll be, but it’s probably pretty soon. I don’t think the change IP feature will be in it, however…we’re in feature freeze at the moment, and focusing on bug fixing almost exclusively.