CentOS 8.2 new install is missing "virtualmin" executable for CLI operations

I installed Virtualmin on several virtual machines with CentOS 8.2 and get no errors from the install.sh script. Everything appears to be working and I can access the web GUI. The only problem is that when I try for restore my domains from the linux cli the “virtualmin” executable cannot be found on my server. I have spun up at least 6 brand new installations and always get the same result.

Am I missing something? Do you have to pre install any dependencies before running the script?

I don’t see this problem on the one CentOS 8 system I have in production (I’ve already shut down all of my test installs, and Ilia did most of the testing for the CentOS 8 support).

Are you sure you have /usr/sbin/ in your path? If you’re trying to run virtualmin as a non-root user you may not (but you can’t run it as a non-root user anyway).

Nevermind, Ilia has confirmed this is a problem in the Pro package. I’ll fix it in the next release.

Do you know when this will be fixed… I just spent the weekend fighting this…LOL

Did you tell anybody about it? We can’t fix what we don’t know about. There were so many (too many) big changes in this release that I’m having a hard time keeping up with it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.