CENTOS 7.X - PHP 7.1 - Virtual Server - New Joomla 3.5.x RocketTheme RocketLauncher (permission issue)

CENTOS 7.X - PHP 7.1 - Virtual Server - New Joomla 3.5.x RocketTheme RocketLauncher (permission issue)

The installer worked fine, other than manually creating a configuration.php file in filezilla.

When I view the main site, it returns the following:

Failed to load ‘rt_ambrosia’ template: mkdir(): Permission denied

and when I go to the administrator panel, it logs in but immediately hits a splash screen that outputs the following:

An error has occurred.

0 Cannot open file for writing log 

… I know that this isn’t a Joomla Support Forum, so I am asking in regards to Virtual Servers and their automatic permissions for all created servers and hosted sites. How do I set it up to be standard correctly for all new servers and sites?

And how would I go about fixing this instance?

I did a chown -R www-wtpo public_html (for the virtual server)

I also did a mass filezilla 755 to folders and subs and 644 for directory wide & deep for all files.

Still, same results. No dice.

Anyone know where I am going wrong? Thanks in advanced.

Depending on your setup (fcgi, cgi etc)you might need to change the Files permissions to 775. Also, the owner and group need to match the files which are being copied into your public_html folder by virtualmin.

Usually 775 does the trick.

Best

Yes. I tried setting permissions in both command line and file manager and even ftp. All resulting in same problem. And I did it by logging into the user account as opposed to being root. No dice.

What says your configuration file about location of log folder?

/home/www-wtpo/public_html/logs/