Centos 7 Firewall issue

I’m currently running CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core).
After a yum update the linux firewall I was using switched to firewalld.

I tryed to disable the firewalld by using the commands below:

# systemctl disable firewalld # systemctl stop firewalld

After this I used the commands below to enable iptables again:
(found at: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/19/html/Security_Guide/sec-Disabling_firewalld.html)

# yum install iptables-services # touch /etc/sysconfig/iptables # touch /etc/sysconfig/ip6tables # systemctl start iptables # systemctl start ip6tables # systemctl enable iptables # systemctl enable ip6tables

After this I rebooted the server and filled the linux firewall from the virtualmin GUI like it was before the yum update and applyed the configuration.

The new rules i’ve created don’t work.
It looks like it is still using the original rules from before the yum update.

When I look at “iptables -L” all the new rules are displayed.
When I run “systemctl status iptables” the following results are displayed:

iptables.service - IPv4 firewall with iptables
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/iptables.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (exited) since Wed 2016-04-13 12:25:41 CEST; 1h 0min ago
Process: 3380 ExecStop=/usr/libexec/iptables/iptables.init stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 3481 ExecStart=/usr/libexec/iptables/iptables.init start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 3481 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Apr 13 12:25:41 web01-prosec systemd[1]: Starting IPv4 firewall with iptables…
Apr 13 12:25:41 web01-prosec iptables.init[3481]: iptables: Applying firewall rules: [ OK ]
Apr 13 12:25:41 web01-prosec iptables.init[3481]: iptables: Loading additional modules: ip_nat_ftp ip_conntrack_ftp [ OK ]
Apr 13 12:25:41 web01-prosec systemd[1]: Started IPv4 firewall with iptables.
Apr 13 13:01:31 web01-prosec systemd[1]: Started IPv4 firewall with iptables.

Has anybody an idea how i can troubleshoot why the currently listed rules in iptables do not work?

Kind regards,

Jasper