Can't renew Let's Encrypt certificate. setquota: Cannot open quotafile //aquota.user

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 22.04.1
Virtualmin version 7.10.0

Hi,
when I try to update my Let’s Encrypt certificate, I get the following error:

Fatal Error! Failed to request certificate : setquota: Cannot open quotafile //aquota.user: Operation not permitted setquota: Not all specified mountpoints are using quota.

I checked the webmin > system > disk quotas. The disk quotas are not enabled. When I try to enable it I get the error:

Failed to turn on quotas : quotaon: using //aquota.user on /dev/sda1 [/]: No such process quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel.

I have very limited knowledge on virtualmin or server management. Don’t know what next to do.

How should I proceed?
Greetings

Well the easiest way to handle this, is to turn off qutoas in Virtualmin for now.
You may not have quota installed in your Ubuntu 22 Kernel if you are hosting from a VPS.

Go to your Virtualmin/Webmin panel and under the Virtualmin Tab:
System Settings → Virtualmin Configuration: drop down box should be first one Server settings
Make sure this setting is set to No

Set quotas for domain and mail users

Save and try to update your SSL
Let us know if this works for you.

Added note:
You will need to run Re-Check Configuration under Virtualmin system Settings as well, after setting quotas to No.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.