Can't install virtualmin-mailman

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Debian Linux 10
Webmin version 2.021
Virtualmin version 7.5
Related packages mailman 6.10

Hi how to fix this error

“The mailman program /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman could not be found on your system.”

Regards
Laurent

Hi, this might help.

https://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/install/distro.html#debian-install

I thought they were going to remove the mailman module. It isn’t even remotely usable for mailman 3. Not sure which mailman you are trying to use but Mailman3 was kinda painful to install on Debain 11.

@laurentlt,

The old mailman module was designed for “mailman 2”.

What is the best solution to cleanly install Mailman on my webmin/virtualmin server without breaking my existing mail server?

Mailman 3 is not supported by the Virtualmin Mailman module.

Mailman has nothing to do with your mail server. Mailman is not a mail server. It is a mailing list management tool.

And, it probably isn’t the kind of mailing list management tool you’re after (if you’re trying to send marketing emails, it is not the right tool for the job). It is for mailing lists in the traditional sense of discussion groups that operate over email. i.e. two way communication. It is not suitable for bulk outgoing mail.

Since you are on Debian 10, you can simply install the mailman package. Debian 10 has Mailman 2, which is the only version of Mailman the virtualmin-mailman module supports. Debian -- Details of package mailman in buster

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.