Can't get email server working

Here’s the relevant section of my main.cf

smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated defer_unauth_destination
myhostname = myHost.myDomain.com
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
myorigin = /etc/mailname
mydestination = $myhostname, myHost.myDomain.com, myDomain.com, localhost.myDomain.com, localhost
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::ffff:127.0.0.0]/104 [::1]/128
mailbox_size_limit = 0
recipient_delimiter = +
inet_protocols = ipv4

The only bits that have been anonymised are myHost and myDomain.com

Usernames & passwords is not something I commented on.

The IP address is as it is in the file - do you see anything sensitive in there?

Nothing I posted to any of your threads was rude, condescending or remotely questionable.

Your post speaks volumes about you, not me.

If there was an ignore button - I’d be pressing it. In the absence of such - I can just read your posts for help and have a laugh instead.

Gents, as @Joe has inferred correctly, @Gomez_Adams’ system has been configured (or misconfigured, since he has admitted that mail never worked) to use an external relay / smarthost. It could be the plain text credentials for this custom configuration for smarthost that @Gomez_Adams sees in his configuration (and has very sensibly obfuscated) that you and I don’t @Dibs, in the largely standard configurations that we have.

Each of you is correct from his own perspective. I do hope this helps clear things up, else I shall enjoy the drama as it unfolds.

@calport - I never commented on the username\password. He’s just being a rude, obnoxious little runt. if he’s unhappy with that description - don’t behave like one.

Mind you - I can’t be arsed posting further on his or any of his other threads. Life’s too short to waste on ingrates - not that one requires any form of gratitude but rude obnoxious drivel doesn’t do any poster any favors.

Let’s review. Here’s my posting from the word go:

You came in with this AFTER Joe and I decided it was a lost cause and I was going to trash the idea completely:

But you hadn’t bothered to read my original post where I stated I had intentionally deleted it, so I reminded you of the fact:

But even then you wouldn’t leave it alone and came back with this:

All of this AFTER the entire subject had been dropped.

It’s very frustrating that I explained a very simple situation three times and you still wouldn’t let it go.

And no. Ports have nothing to do with my issue at all. Ports don’t make features disappear from Virtualmin and mysql and php7.2 shut down.

I’m sorry I upset anybody.

Y’all keep it friendly, please. If you aren’t feeling nice, just walk away for a while.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.